Can I get a scholarship in Canada without a degree? Yes! A scholarship in or outside one’s country is one great treasure every student wishes to get. Scholarship questions are always numerous out there. It even raises more inquisitiveness when it is about studying abroad as the eligibility for granting scholarship awards at home and abroad may be quite different.
Again, Canadian universities have over time been the most sought-after schools for scholarship opportunities despite their very selective requirements.
Canadian international scholarships are simply created for the most outstanding individuals from every nook and cranny of the world.
If you doubt your viability in the academic and leadership role, then you may have to look elsewhere for a scholarship opportunity. If you however feel like the best in every area you find yourself, then you’re good!
Among the reasons why students are rushing to Canada for scholarships is the abundance of scholarship opportunities. It is also due to the country’s accommodation of highly ranked universities, infrastructurally and academically.
The list of the most sought-after universities in Canada includes:
- University of Toronto
- The British Columbia University
- McGill University
- Queen’s University
- York University
- University of Calgary
- The University of Winnipeg etc.
One of the questions prospective applicants ask online is the possibility of getting a scholarship in Canada without a degree. Well this depends on the type of scholarship you’re looking for.
A first degree is required for admission into any graduate program in any university in the world. However, you don’t necessarily need to have a degree to apply for any undergraduate course except for Medicine and Surgery.
To gain admission or a scholarship to study Medicine and Surgery in Canada, you need a bachelor’s degree in related courses like Anatomy, Microbiology and Biochemistry.
Lists of scholarships you can apply for in Canada without a degree
Knowing the requirements for the program and the school you’re seek the scholarship is very necessary. Here is a list of some undergraduate scholarships you can apply for, and their requirements:
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is planned to honour hardworking international candidates who show outstanding academic performance, accomplishment, inventiveness and leadership qualities. Evidence of the impact of the applicants on their schools and their communities, and their dreams for a positive contribution to the global community, is emphasised.
To be qualified to apply for Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- A non-Canadian needing a study permit
- In the final year of secondary school or an O-level holder not later than June 2022
- Enrolling into the University of Toronto by September 2023
To apply or know more about the scholarship, tap HERE
- York University International Student Scholarship
International students who wish to take a full-time undergraduate degree program in school from anywhere around the world are given a chance at the Global Leaders of Tomorrow and the International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction(IESD) by York University
To be qualified, you must:
- Be an international student with a Study Permit in Canada.
- Have applied to a program of choice at York University at the time of registration.
- Have not spent beyond two years after graduation and not have attended any tertiary institution previously.
- Have barged nothing less than ‘A’ or the equivalent.
- Have shown or possess leadership qualities.
- Have complete documentation required for consideration.
To apply or know more about this scholarship, tap HERE.
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is calling out to exceptional international students with profound academic achievements who desire to study at the University of Calgary, for an honourable award. The scholarship is based on academic performance and needs.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students of the University of Calgary. They should be new students as old ones are not eligible
- A CGPA of less than 3.20 is not viable to be considered for the scholarship
- Applicants must also have passed the university’s English Language Proficiency test satisfactorily.
To apply or know more about the scholarship, tap HERE
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is an award for students who have demonstrated high leadership skills and have satisfied the university’s requirements for academic achievements.
- Be international students with study permits to study in Canada
- Be entering the first year of any program of choice at the University of Winnipeg
- Have shown exceptional leadership qualities and proven to have partaken in any community or school leadership services
- Complete the scholarship application process and upload all the required documents within the given deadline.
To learn more or apply for this scholarship, tap HERE
- Carleton Prestige Scholarship
The scholarship application portal is currently open and it will close on 1st March. The scholarship is worth 30,000 – 40,000 CAD.
Applicants to be considered are those entering Carleton directly from their high schools or CEGEP. Individuals who have attended any tertiary institution previously will not be considered.
To know more about this scholarship, tap HERE.
All the scholarships listed above do not require you to have a degree aside from applying to the university first or being a first-year student in them.
In summary, there is no plain answer to if one can get admission to a Canadian university without a degree. However, the ‘YES’ answer to the question is the fact that the majority of the courses in any Canadian university don’t require you to have a first degree.
NO, for the exception of professional course like Medicine and Surgery which requires a bachelor’s degree and for those applying for a post-graduate scholarship. Good luck!