There are several ways to get Housekeeping jobs in the US. The easiest among them is Visa sponsorship.
Here, we’ll provide you with all you need to know about Visa Sponsorship in the US, such as requirements and how to apply for it. Kindly read to the end!
What are Housekeeping Jobs?
Literally, Housekeeping means to repair, clean, ventilate and arrange areas of a house for easy assessment and comfortability. As a housekeeper, you’re entitled to this job, and will perform all duties mentioned above.
The United States is one of few countries in which housekeeping jobs are common. It is also an essential economic stake in other countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia etc.
There are several job opportunities for housekeeping in the United States. According to the Housekeeping Association of America (HAA), there are over 2 million people working as housekeepers in the United States alone.
Some work as private-sector employees while others work as domestic employees. No doubt, they’re numerous job opportunities for you if you intend to become a housekeeper in the United States.
You can work in private houses such as hotels, restaurants, and institution places like hospitals, college e.t.c.
One of the advantages is that, while working as a housekeeper you may be provided with food, clothes, apartment and health insurance.
What are the Careers in Housekeeping jobs?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of housekeepers in the United States will increase by 34% from 2022 to 2030.
This is why you need to have basic qualifications before you can be eligible for the job. However, it is not a must to have a degree before applying for a housekeeping job.
What you should do is look for a Visa Sponsorship housekeeping job in the US. Such that you’ll be sponsored by your employee through the Hb1 visa.
This means that your employer does not need to give you any letter of offer before you resume work. Once your visa to the United States is confirmed and accepted, you’ll start working without providing any document.
How do I find a visa Sponsored Housekeeping job in the US?
All you need to do is browse online through various job sites in the US. You can also check through ads. Below are some of the websites to check and apply.
– Upwork Inc
After finding a Visa Sponsored housekeeping job, other processes to become a housekeeper in the United States are easy. You need to obtain and present anI-94 card for you to confirm that you’re on a work visa to the United States. Hence, if you are applying for a housekeeping job, it is very good to secure it before applying for a visa.
What is the Salary of Housekeepers in the United States?
Housekeepers in the US are rewarded handsomely. Although they do not earn a huge figure, the job is easy and flexible.
An average housekeeper in the US earns a minimum salary of $27,000 per annum. The most paid 30 percent make up to $32,230 in a year. Meanwhile, the least paid 30 percent of people receive $22,320 annually.
H1 Visa Sponsorship for Housekeeping Jobs in United States
The H1 Visa is a temporary visa granted by the employer to qualified people who applied for a housekeeping job from outside their countries. You must possess at least a bachelor’s degree before applying for this visa.
Moreover, it is also a type of Visa but employees from outside the USA are offered by an employer. After you have been offered a placement or a job, an employer will offer you this visa based on the agreements between you and him/her.
How to Obtain an H1 Visa Sponsorship in United States
If you are an applicant seeking this type of job in the United States, it is compulsory to get H1 visa but if you have applied for several times and you were not granted, do not worry. Below are the step by step guides to apply.
– Firstly, before applying for an H1 visa, it is very necessary to have a perfect CV and also make an attractive online written job application that will please your employer.
– Then, you can proceed to search for your favourite job on the internet and find one to begin applying for it.
– Proceed to apply for the job online and wait for their response. If you are selected, you’ll be emailed for an online interview.
– If you are lucky to be offered the job, your employer will go through your job description to make sure it is suitable as a specialty occupation.
– After that, your supposed employer will negotiate with you to determine the rate of the job.
– After all these procedures are done, the US workforce will be notified by your supposed employer.
And finally, your employer will submit your Labor condition application to the DOL for certification and ask you to resume work. More so, your employer will have to forward a Visa petition to the United States embassy. You may be instructed by your employer to submit a visa application at your home country embassy too.
How to Apply for USA Sponsorship Visa
Applying for a housekeeping job as a foreigner is very simple. Meanwhile, before applying for a visa, you must have gotten a job. The following are the steps to apply for a visa
– First, ensure to have all necessary requirements for the job
– Prepare a suitable CV and letter of application.
– Visit popular online sites that post US available jobs such as indeed, simplyhired, LinkedIn and search for the type you want.
– After you have done that, the employer will go through your documents and access all the information. You’ll be given a call or SMS if your details are confirmed and vindicated.
– Subsequently, your employer will visit USCIS for a job petition and also have to obtain a certificate from the US labor market institute.
Finally, you will have to apply for a Visa using the job appointment letter offered to you in your name. That’s all.